Sunday, April 19, 2020

Half Dome from the Merced River After Passing Under Sentinel Bridge


I, Rick, used to have an inflatable kayak. In January 1997, Yosemite experienced record flooding. People were trapped inside the valley due to the floodwater. A few months later, in May, I took my inflatable kayak on the shuttle bus and traveled as far upstream as the bus would take me, Happy Isles. Then I carried my kayak to the shore of the Merced River and inflated it. I shoved off and traveled downstream to view some of the damage caused by the flooding, including picnic tables in the middle of the river. Along the way, I passed under Sentinel Bridge and looked back at Half Dome. A lot of people like to get a picture of Half Dome from the bridge, but here I had the opportunity to include the bridge in the picture. That was the first and so far only time I've paddled on the Merced River. Must do that again soon.

Remember, it's not just a picture, it's a story!

No comments:

Post a Comment